24.9.10

Every Move you Make



I recently went to see Exposed exhibition at the Tate Modern with my lovely friend Tonga. The show is in it's final weeks, and I recommend that you go because it is really quite interesting. Most of the images were taken without the subjects knowledge or consent, and the show raises the question of whether this invasion of privacy and personal space is something inherent to photography. Am I the only one that thinks this invasion is super sexy?

The show made me think of these photos I just had developed from months ago. They are street portraits I took at my hip to finish a roll of film, and Exposed included many images that were pretty similar to my own. Oh, and that dude with the hand is Deaner...he doesn't like to be photographed. The show features work from art superstars like Sophie Calle and Bruce Nauman, as well as work from a war photographer named Ben Lowy, who I just so happened to have dinner with in Dubai last december. 

Peep this Post to see photos from that trip...there is a lone one of Mr. Lowy and friend with pink palm trees in the dark.


Oh yes, and here are a few more Dubai photos I just found. Been on a mission to post lost photos, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment