15.9.10

2 Days, 2 Parties

More Virgo Birthdays! This time, it was Roro, and we actually managed to throw him a surprise party at my new flat. He CLAIMS he knew something was up, but he looked super duper terrified and pissed off when we screamed at him as he entered my flat. The party started out tame, as these things often do, and it ended in a cupcake fight in my kitchen.


After that, we went to Plastic Peoples where I danced my face off. The DJ was really good, so I decided I was in love with him. My idea of flirting was to write I LOVE YOU on a receipt in red lipstick and place it by his decks while he was spinning. To my surprise, this awesome move actually failed. Whatever, I think he was married...

After dancing came random house party, followed by me sleeping for many many hours. All in all, a successful 25th for RORO!

Sunday saw the arrival of my friends from Bristol, the band The Last Rogues. They played at The Dublin Castle in Camden, and after their set we decided to retire to my flat with wine, beer, vodka, and a shit load of Lilt. Joe, the singer and guitar player, was in possession of a luxurious head of long brown locks. According to the other members of the band, he looked like a girl. Therefore, we decided to give him a makeover. Thom Mason was art director, and I was in charge of creating the lovely zebra stripes. Personally, I think Joe looks simply stunning.



 
Two great nights, two awesome groups of people. Although, I am gonna lay off the parties for a while...the builders who came to do work on my flat on Monday and Tuesday actually asked me if I worked nights. If I did, that would explain the all day napping sessions I enjoyed this week. Can I now classify myself as a midnight hair stylist? Ya...midnight hair stylist it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment