13.10.11

Sydders gets a Nose Job part 1!



Heeeeeeyyyy....remember last March when I broke my nose?


Well, yesterday I had surgery to correct it. And it wasn't just to fuel my vanity...I couldn't breathe properly. That first breathe after surgery was the first clear one I had had in MONTHS...years maybe. Either way, it was refreshing.


SO here are some mildly disturbing to extremely nasty photos of my journey through a nose job...thus far....


 I arrived at the hospital yesterday morning bright and early...6:45...fucking YIKES!


But have no fear, because my mother PIA is here!!!
Ooooh look, all nervous and quiet before the surgery.....
 Immediately afterwards. This was before the swelling really got going...looking pretty good I'd say.

 Ya. Here comes the bruising. I am looking pretty tough though. PRREEEETTTTYYY tough indeed.
Apparently, I have tiny childlike hands and veins, and they really had a hard time getting the needle into my hand. They basically destroyed all the veins in my hands before stabbing another needle into my forearm. Hence the bruising.








OK! DAY TWO!




So, as you can see, 30 hours after the surgery and I am looking a little worse for wear. I expect it will only get more disgusting before it gets better, and I promise to update you along the way.


You know, I forgot how fun it can be to have surgery. First, you're nervous and scared and kind of wondering if you will ever wake up...kind of like the 30 minutes after you suspect you may have eaten too many magic mushrooms...and then all of a sudden you ARE awake and you don't remember anything and you're all woozy and drugged up. And then it's like some awesome magical science experiment watching your injuries get worse and then heal over time...hour to hour I look totally different and it's wicked!


Tomorrow, my friend Alix Marie will be coming over to take some photographs of me. Hopefully, other artist friends will drop by over the weeks. Either way, you'll be seeing lots of mangled photos of me on here for a while. Have fun, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment