5.1.11

525,600 minutes

So what did 2010 look like for little ol' me? Let's take a gander, shall we?

January


I joined the band Private Lives as a singer, and my very first gig was an illegal rave on the DLR.

Also, I do gymnastics at a warehouse party. Typical.

And the first of many extremely successful house parties at 79 Harrowgate Road.


February


I exhibited two videos in an exhibition curated by Leo Cohen at the Crypt gallery in Euston. AMAZING space. This is one of the pieces, entitled Melt.


Private Lives does another illegal gig, this time in Tesco. Awesome video by my friend Uli, who also shot the DLR vid.


March

I bring my polaroid to school.

And Caisa writes an article about Private Lives and our Tesco Gig for Don't Panic Magazine. Read Here Please.

April

I cut my hair and had another house party.







Checked out museums and Christiania with Gav in Copenhagen, did mushrooms with Karl in malmo on his 30th birthday, and got drunk with Bryn in Berlin...and subsequently took a tumble down some stairs, resulting in that lovely X-ray and a nasty sprain.

May




Private Lives and friends are arrested in Primark after attempting another illegal gig. The cops were monitoring our facebook. Be careful what you post, kids.


After our scandalous arrest and subsequent release, we play an actual gig. In a club. And we even finished three whole songs! Oh ya, and we get interviewed on Roundhouse radio as well.

Me and a whole bunch of my friends put on an Exhibition in Barcelona. What fun.







June
A trip home to Vancouver to see friends and both my mum and brother act in plays. Also, my hair is newly WHITE.






July


I curate and show new videos in an exhibition called Hackney Wickipedia for the Hackney Wicked Art Festival. I also play my last two gigs with Private Lives, one in a shop in Brixton and one at Elevator Gallery.


August

Mel attended our last party at Harrowgate Road.





I had a SERIOUS case of the blues. My depression thankfully dissipated with a trip to visit Tonga on Amorgos in Greece, followed by my birthday and a move into my very own awesome flat with no flatmates whatsoever.

September
My film Ice Cream wins the Kopparberg Klash competition through Vice Magazine. I am featured in the magazine and on the website and I win money and an internship. 


Threw a surprise party for Roman, and went to Bristol pour la premiere fois.


October



Back to School! Also, Settling into my new house and filling it with lots of Swedes and French.

November

The first Protest against education cuts and tuition increases. I also went to the opera, saw Cinematic Orchestra at Royal Albert Hall, and hung out with my friend Molly. A lot. And sometimes in Amsterdam.

December

I leave London for a month for Toronto, Vancouver and San Jose Del Cabo Mexico...but not until I had a goodbye party for myself.


 photos by Roro Charnel

What fun. What times. What a year.

2 comments:

  1. and 2011 is waiting for you to get even better!!! waaaayyyy!!! yaaaay!!! kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed! good things are gonna happen babes! x

    ReplyDelete