7.10.09

Older and Wiser?

August 29 was my 26th birthday, and it was one of the best ones I can remember. I followed the boys of Oldies 990 to the countryside, where they played at a private party in a barn. What started off as a bit awkward (I didn't know a soul, and I had forgotten socks to protect my feet from the rain and cold) turned in to a freewheeling evening of laughs and tunes and adventures in the wilderness. I was serenaded by the band about four times, since they wanted to make their rendition of "Happy Birthday" as perfect as possible. Once the beer kicked in, I was dancing up a storm with friends old and new. After the show, I was whisked away into the woods on a golf cart going full speed; haven't felt that free for a while. Even the rain couldn't dampen my spirits. On top of it all, I got to sleep in a tent...and who doesn't love camping. Gavin, Peter, Ben, Ryan, Jos....I love youse guys. Thanks for such a lovely evening. Makes me miss Canada...sigh....












No comments:

Post a Comment